endK - Synthetic endK - Synthetic

This track is great, builds up really nicely, and a really good choice of synths that suit each other but also don't just sound like any other techno song. Really nicely nixed!

endKashika responds:

Thanks Jake! :D
Glad you enjoyed it.

Rift Rift

Really love your chord progression, so dark and eerie! MIx has a lot of work to go I think, the guitars are a bit too loud, and it would probably benefit from spending more time on the drum programming to give them more dynamics, particularly in the cymbals. Good work!

jaysummers759885 responds:

I can see your point with the cymbals. They aren't moving around much are they? Just straight time. I always put my guitar out first lol, maybe it is just because I love the sound of it, but I think you may be right, they were a touch too loud I think.

I am going to try and write a piece that put the drums more out front and see what I come up with.

Thank you for your honest feedback!

Zafrece- Slip Stream(WIP) Zafrece- Slip Stream(WIP)

This song gives me a really 'cool' feeling, like a cool breeze on a hot day kind of thing. I would also describe it as beautiful and refreshing.

The mix and arrangement of the instruments is at a really high standard, the rhythm and lead sections both stand out but meld together really well. Probably my biggest suggestion would be to repeat part of the soft intro at the end of the song (I know this is a bit cleched) to give you that sense of calm again.

5/5

Starter Village (WIP) Starter Village (WIP)

FIrst off, overall the track sounds good and is interesting to listen to, good job! Something that I find is one of the most useful tools when sequencing/programming is the ability to control velocity. From what I can hear most of the instruments are just being played at one velocity which makes them sound a bit mechanical, so I'd just maybe go through and change some velocities around- eg. higher velocity for accented notes, and lower velocity for non accented notes.

The string vst has a really nice sound to it, and I can hear that there are accents in there and you're aware of that kind of thing. Anyway hope that advice helps at all. Once again good job!

-Jakeghost

AytonHunter responds:

Thankyou for the review!
I'm still quite unsure as to what velocity even does to a sound at the moment. I'm in those early stages of learning what every little term means, so I'll definately research into it and tweak those sounds to make em sound more alive.
I'm glad you thought that it atleast sounded interesting, I was going for more of an epic feel towards the end though, so maybe the velocity will help!

Thanks again!

Salvation Salvation

Wow, this is fantastic! The quality of all of sounds is brilliant, I'm especially loving on the electronic drums in the first part of the song- what did you use to make them? As well as fantastic quality sounds, the mix is so clean, wide and luscious. Wonderful use of reverbs. Finally, the arrangement of all of the sounds/instruments through the piece is really well thought out and fits perfectly- there's nothing I would change about this composition, I can really see why you placed 1st in the Dreams of Splendour contest- well done! I look forward to hearing more from you and listening to your other pieces.

-jakeghost

Taken the lost Taken the lost

Smooth guitar work! I am a sucker for those lead harmonies. You have an ear for nice chords. Good use of rhythm throughout, especially in the last section with no drums. The overall mix was clean, and every instrument was able to be heard in it's own space. My constructive criticism would be to keep working on the drum mix! Having a super crisp/tight snare can really add a lot to a song like this I think, and maybe a bit more compression on the cymbals or just turning them down would leave the mix with a bit more mid and bass frequency prominence. If you're anything like me (all about the lead and chord instruments ) then you might tend to overlook the bottom end (bass/kick etc) a bit. I look forward to hearing the finished song and mix, I'm really impressed thus far! Superb.

jaysummers759885 responds:

Thanks Jake, I will head back into the mixing board and see what I can do about that EQ. I am working on a second piece, and hopefully in that song I will find some sort of balance there.

Thanks for checking it out man!

Later,

~J

I'm Late For My Love I'm Late For My Love

This is a really interesting style of production that I haven't heard heaps of before. The 'glitching' effects throughout really work well though, the entire song has a great ambience and vibe. The mix is super clean and professional sounding. I would have liked to hear more of the piano, but that is probably just my love for the piano! Vocals sounded fantastic, what is your vocal chain- eg. mic/preamp/plugins if you don't mind me asking?

For want of a nail For want of a nail

First off: Loving the reverb!! Do you use a plug in for it or is it built into the VST interface thing? Also, what is the choir sound from? It's beautiful. Your professional level mixing skills in general are definitely apparent from this piece of music, even though you say it's old!

Emid responds:

Sorry for the late reply. I am not as active nowadays as before. Yes reverb is FL Studio built in reverb. Choirs are some "swelled choirs" freely available on internet (sorry don't remember the link). Thanks for the kind words but seriously I am the least person here to be called a composer or musician. Thanks again!

Arabic Ectasy Arabic Ectasy

That arabic instrument sounds so real!! So do a lot of the strings. Really awesome job in keeping to the arabic style while still reaching out to ambient and more classical sounds. Great arrangement of the instruments, they all start and stop at the right times.

Emid responds:

Thanks a lot again. Good to know you enjoyed :)

Remember who you are_ Remember who you are_

This is a beautiful piece!! I agree with TroisNyxEtienne, nice chord and mixing work, but I totally wanted it to be longer!! I'd love to hear a longer version of this in the future.