Shape Matcher Shape Matcher

Fun little game!! I really enjoyed the gameplay, I liked that the object of the game wasn't just 'match as many as possible'. As much as I adored the song that loops, would be nice to have a few more tracks to keep me interested for longer!

Rift Rift

Really love your chord progression, so dark and eerie! MIx has a lot of work to go I think, the guitars are a bit too loud, and it would probably benefit from spending more time on the drum programming to give them more dynamics, particularly in the cymbals. Good work!

jaysummers759885 responds:

I can see your point with the cymbals. They aren't moving around much are they? Just straight time. I always put my guitar out first lol, maybe it is just because I love the sound of it, but I think you may be right, they were a touch too loud I think.

I am going to try and write a piece that put the drums more out front and see what I come up with.

Thank you for your honest feedback!

Zafrece- Slip Stream(WIP) Zafrece- Slip Stream(WIP)

This song gives me a really 'cool' feeling, like a cool breeze on a hot day kind of thing. I would also describe it as beautiful and refreshing.

The mix and arrangement of the instruments is at a really high standard, the rhythm and lead sections both stand out but meld together really well. Probably my biggest suggestion would be to repeat part of the soft intro at the end of the song (I know this is a bit cleched) to give you that sense of calm again.

5/5

Starter Village (WIP) Starter Village (WIP)

FIrst off, overall the track sounds good and is interesting to listen to, good job! Something that I find is one of the most useful tools when sequencing/programming is the ability to control velocity. From what I can hear most of the instruments are just being played at one velocity which makes them sound a bit mechanical, so I'd just maybe go through and change some velocities around- eg. higher velocity for accented notes, and lower velocity for non accented notes.

The string vst has a really nice sound to it, and I can hear that there are accents in there and you're aware of that kind of thing. Anyway hope that advice helps at all. Once again good job!

-Jakeghost

AytonHunter responds:

Thankyou for the review!
I'm still quite unsure as to what velocity even does to a sound at the moment. I'm in those early stages of learning what every little term means, so I'll definately research into it and tweak those sounds to make em sound more alive.
I'm glad you thought that it atleast sounded interesting, I was going for more of an epic feel towards the end though, so maybe the velocity will help!

Thanks again!

the black river" monster " the black river" monster "

I'm a huge fan of the massive eyes! I like the unique-ness of it. Really like the overall style, especially the way the water is done.

immaboreddude responds:

yeah i spend a lot of time studying how the water change the proportion of the objects to make this.XD